Since 2000, PHOTODERMA clinics offer you wrinkle treatments by injections with hyaluronic acid performed by experienced doctors.
Dear Photoderma customers:
In keeping with the new guidelines issued by the Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ) and which are in effect since May 1, 2017, Photoderma clinics must meet the standards of the provincial law described hereafter in order to provide professional injection services to its customers:
· All collective prescriptions written up until now and whose object is performing injections for aesthetic purposes are no longer applicable.
· Any patient (including patients that have, up until now, received injections pursuant to a collective prescription) who is interested in receiving injections for aesthetic purposes must obtain prior medical evaluation, so that the doctor may establish an individual treatment plan.
· This treatment plan can be performed by the doctor or be subjected to an individual prescription issued to a registered nurse or a nursing assistant. The plan would include references to a protocol, if applicable.
Since May 1, 2017, Photoderma clinics must proceed as follows:
· Any customer shall be considered as a new customer;
· The registered nurse shall prescribe to the new customer an individual prescription which includes a treatment using Botox, fillers or a mix of both;
· Afterwards, the registered nurse shall have the treatment plan validated by the attending aesthetic doctor;
· Once the treatment plan is validated, the registered nurse may proceed with the injections;
· The cost for the individual prescription is $75 and remains valid for a three-year period.
However, this obligation is valid for the initial visit ONLY.
The following appointments will proceed exactly as before and will remain as is for the remainder of your 3-year prescription.
We thank you for your understanding and we look forward to serving you.